Introduction1. The first popular web browser was called Mosaic and was released in 1993.
2. 35.6% of internet users are Asian.
Learn Mental Maths Tricks Easily.
One Of the Best Parenting Articles
You Will Come Across.How Children Develop Is a
must read Children Development Article.
3. With average of 389 million of internet surfers each month, Asia is the largest internet crowd among other world regions.
Use Reverse Phone Lookup Service
4. According to CyberAtlas, it took just 5 years for the Internet to reach 50 million users. This same milestone took radio 38 years, and took television 13 years.
5. There are over 1 billion Internet users worldwide; that's 20% of the world's population.
6. In Africa, 3 out of 100 surf the Internet.
7.In Asia, 10 out of 100 surf the Internet.
8. In Europe, 38 out of 100 surf the Internet.
9. In Middle East, 10 out of 100 surf the Internet.
10. In 2008, the United States spent $214.4 billion online. Internet purchasing is increasing at a rate of 7 percent per year. (comScore reports)
11.Technorati tracks over 133 million blogs on the Internet.
12. North America, 70 out of 100 surf the Internet.
13. In Latin America, 16 out of 100 surf the Internet.
14. In Australia, 53 out of 100 surf the Internet.
15. Only 16.6% of world population surf the internet.
16. 1 billion users around the globe are surfing the Internet every month.
17. Social networking is the fastest growing part of the Internet. There are 70 million active users on Facebook (the 8th most popular site in the world), and more than 14 million photos are uploaded daily.
18. Amount of internet surfers in Asia (389,392,28 mil) is 11 times the population of Australia (34,468,443 mil).
19. 19% of internet users are from United States (210,080,067 mil).
20. Around 18 countries still doesn’t have Internet connection
21. North Korea’s internet penetration statistics is not publicized.
22. In January, 2009, the average user spent 10% of all his/her online minutes on social networking sites like Facebook and MySpace.
23. The English version of Wikipedia has more than 2.3 million articles. Over one third of US adults consult Wikipedia.
24. One in five of the world’s Internet users visits YouTube each day.
25. Nielsen NetRatings indicates that the average Internet user, in one month, will visit 59 domains, view 1,050 pages (allocating 45 seconds for each page) and will spend about 25 hours doing all this net activity! Each surfing session lasts 51 minutes.